Karaoke

• 23 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Sonos karaoke function

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello again, Benjamin Montgomery Davies. I have relayed this request along to the team for consideration. Thanks!
Really hard to do something like that, due to the inherent 70ms delay in all analog inputs in to the Sonos system. Effectively, the microphone would be a split second behind the music, and cause all sorts of confusion.

It's been discussed before in many threads in the past, you may want to do a search for the term Karaoke and see what turns up. Probably some good reading.
I use a A/D converter to convert karaoke analog output into digital signal to sound bar. it works well w/o delay
Yep, that’s why I used the modifier “analog” in my post. The digital inputs are a different beast.
I use a A/D converter to convert karaoke analog output into digital signal to sound bar. it works well w/o delay

Can you indicate which converter you used and how much effect it had on the delay?