Answered

Can’t select content or songs on Amazon music

• 7 November 2022
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Are we sure this isn't a bug?

I understand Amazon have made some changes to the way music is ordered if it's on Amazon Prime. But this has impacted the music I actually OWN through amazon. The albums I have bought are listed in 'My Music' in the Sonos app but I can no longer access track listings or play them in the correct running order.

Can you play your purchased tracks/albums in the new Amazon Music app in the correct order?

Anyway, I’d recommend setting up a Sonos music library. You’d need to download your purchased music to a computer or a NAS first.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Incidentally - I have to say that with this amazon nonsense, the absurd new problem that stops me indexing a HDD that's plugged into my router, and the way the apps are all sluggish and slow to display an update to the current track being played etc I am starting to build a picture in my head that Sonos isn't the company it was.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I knew it, Amazon wants to dictate what you hear. Bah humbug. Then again, you get what you pay for. And these days, it’s not much. 🤨

For what it’s worth, I’m accessing on Sonos

If you have a paid subscription to Amazon Music this shouldn't happen. This change is only designed to give Prime members an annoying reason to actually pay 7.99 for Amazon Music.

This is either a problem with Amazon or Sonos have to implement the changes correctly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Are we sure this isn't a bug?

I understand Amazon have made some changes to the way music is ordered if it's on Amazon Prime. But this has impacted the music I actually OWN through amazon. The albums I have bought are listed in 'My Music' in the Sonos app but I can no longer access track listings or play them in the correct running order.

That doesn't make any sense. I get that the changes effect music you don't own but are streaming through Amazon Music but preventing you from streaming the albums you actually bought is weird. Surely this is a bug?

I knew it, Amazon wants to dictate what you hear. Bah humbug. Then again, you get what you pay for. And these days, it’s not much. 🤨

For what it’s worth, I’m accessing on Sonos

Userlevel 7

There has been recent changes to Amazon Music Prime.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Prime members can shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist from our expanded music catalog and discover new music based on your likes.