Answered

alarm music selected from sonos favorites

Badge

why can’t alarm music be selected from sonos favorites???

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 November 2022, 02:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

What is it you’re trying to use as your Alarm?

Normally a playlist or radio station is used. So maybe save your chosen source either as a Sonos playlist, or just access it direct via the Music provider service.

Badge

thank you for your reply.

sonos does not connect well with amazon music and unless i can add it to favorites, most do not show up when accessing through the amazon service -  stations and playlists

why does sonos have such a weak user interface.  I regret my purchasing 5 units because now I am stuck unless i want to replace all my speakers.

clearly from having read the previous posts after I posted, this has been an issue for years without being remedied. 

I’m not quite sure what posts you are referring to, but there are plenty of options to set an Amazon playlist as an alarm - can you perhaps name an Amazon playlist that you’re unable to set as an alarm and I will maybe give it a try here too.

@mind4wine,

Maybe try this quick/simple two-step method below…

• Step-1: Search in the Amazon Music App to find the playlist you want to use as your alarm and just hit the + sign next to that playlist.
  • Step-2: Goto the Alarm creation screen in the Sonos App - select ‘Music/Amazon Music/My Music/Playlists, where you will see the playlist from Step-1 and select it as your alarm.

The playlist selected will then be what plays at the time/day you set for your alarm.

I personally find the Sonos App easy to use with Amazon Music. It works well for me, at least.

I hope the above assists.

@mind4wine,

Just to also say, that the same playlist you have chosen as your alarm will also be available to play anytime on your Sonos speakers simply by going to the Music Services tab in the Sonos App, select ‘Amazon Music/My Music/Playlists’ and it will be in the list for you to play to your chosen Sonos speakers.

You can do the same thing with Albums/Tracks etc.

So you do not need to add them to your ‘Sonos favourites’, if you don’t want to.

Badge

Thank you for your replies.  I am fully aware as to how to select music for an alarm, but as I stated, not all stations or playlists available in amazon music are listed when using the alarm music select function and are not able to be selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you for your replies.  I am fully aware as to how to select music for an alarm, but as I stated, not all stations or playlists available in amazon music are listed when using the alarm music select function and are not able to be selected.

If Amazon (or anyone else) tag a track or playlist as “isEphemeral” then it will not show as an alarmable track. From the developer docs:

• Indicates whether the collection is short-lived or not, for example, a daily playlist created by your service. If true, Sonos players will not allow it to be added to Sonos Favorites or alarms. If false, Sonos players allow it to be added.

Also, if the file is locally stored on a mobile device, it wouldn’t be available for use in an alarm, either, since there is no guaranty that the mobile device is available when the alarm is scheduled to go off. 

Badge

Many standard stations are not accessible in alarm music.  Additionally, even if I had a station or playlist in ‘recently played’ I often get a message ‘operation failed’. 

Requested operation failed. Please try again.

S1 DOES NOT FUNCTION RELABLY WITH AMAZON PRIME MUSIC.

Even sonos tech admitted that the issue should be forwarded to developers.

Clearly sonos president’s commitment to maintain S1 was fictitious at best.

At this point if I tie all my sonos units together it might be an adequate anchor for a small boat.

Badge

Here is one day of sonos messages:

#HOPE THIS HELPS YOUR HOLIDAY SALES

#SONOS BOAT ANCHORS

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 2:01 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play '2 Hour Deep Sleep Music' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:02 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Escape to Bliss' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:02 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Escape to Bliss' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:16 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play '432 Hz Miracle Sleep Tones' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Unable to play '432 Hz Miracle Sleep Tones' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:46 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Song of the Whales: Authentic Nature Sounds (Music for Therapy, Deep Sleep, Meditation, Spa, Healing' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 6:15 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play '2 Hour Deep Sleep Music Vol. 2' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 8:18 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Sleep Gentle Sleep' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 10:17 AM Pacific Time

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 11:47 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Lucid Dreaming Induction' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 4:37 PM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Deep Sleep: Ambient Music For Sleeping, Relaxation and The Best Sleep music' - the connection to Amazon Music was lost.

Unable to play 'Deep Sleep: Ambient Music For Sleeping, Relaxation and The Best Sleep music' - the connection to Amazon Music was lost.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 11:30 PM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Tranquil Sounds for Sleep' - the connection to Amazon Music was lost.

Unable to play 'Tranquil Sounds for Sleep' - the connection to Amazon Music was lost.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 11:31 PM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Tranquil Afternoon Calm' - the connection to Amazon Music was lost.