Answered

the music stops suddenly

• 29 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I hope everyone is welI

I have an issue with my sound reproduction system. 

maybe you can help me.

We currently have a Sonos Connect controller to play music at our community gym station. A few weeks ago we began to perceive a failure in terms of music, basically a playlist is played on Spotify linked to the sonos software, after a period of time between 5 to 15 minutes the audio is cut (it runs out of sound like if music playback was paused), however in the software (Sonos) it shows as playing. In order for the sound to return, that is, the music can be heard again, it is necessary to lower and raise the volume of the player.

regards. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 August 2022, 23:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

First, discount the “view” in the Sonos software that it’s playing. Those bars have pretty much nothing to do with a signal coming through, in my experience. 

There’s quite a few potential issues that could cause this behavior. I’m assuming that this CONNECT is attached to some sort of amplifier, which feeds the speakers?

There could be an issue with the connection between the CONNECT and the amplifier, between the amplifier and the speakers, or between the CONNECT and your internet, or even an issue at the server end, where Spotify isn’t serving the stream properly. There’s not enough information in your post to determine where this issue lies.

Where I’d start is the possible connection between your CONNECT and the internet. I’d be looking for sources of any potential wifi interference , to ensure that the stream isn’t being interrupted.

I’d probably want to double check that the CONNECT itself wasn’t overheating in some way, by looking to ensure it had appropriate ventilation, and ensure that it wasn’t stuffed somewhere not to be seen, where there is no airflow. 

And, actually, I’d be very tempted to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you so much, 

It has given me an overview of the problem.
In fact, the connections are connected to an amplifier, in turn, the connection is connected directly by ethernet cable to an internet switch.

I'll try to play local music, saved on the computer directly with sonos without relying on a streaming player to see what happens. 

If the problem does not improve, it is most likely a problem with the amplifier connections.

I will contact support the moment my system fails.

Just be sure to run that diagnostic right after you’ve had a “failure”.

Since the CONNECT is wired, it does eliminate some of that network stuff, but does still leave the potential for duplicate IPs, which can get ‘exposed’ when you run a software update. I’d be tempted to power down that CONNECT, and while it’s down, reboot your router. Give the router two or three minutes to come back up, then plug in your CONNECT. As part of that process, it will ask for a “fresh” IP address from your router.