Question

System reset, can no longer add Apple Music

• 11 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

My Sonos system was connected via Ethernet through my Playbar. I’ve moved my internet to a different room, meaning Sonos is now connected through a Play One. I couldn’t get the system to work and opted to factory reset all speakers. Since going through the factory reset process, I can no longer add Apple Music to my system. Each time I try, the Sonos app transfers me to Apple Music where I select, “Already a member” at which point I’m asked for my password. I am then presented with a pop up window saying, “We’ve run into a problem. Try again.”
Here’s a diagnostic: 593911634

Thanks in advance, to all that chip in. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

Hi Rowena, 

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried all your recommendations and more, without success. 

I think the issue is further complicated with my system being tied in with Apple’s HomeKit. My speakers were still present in the Home app, I removed them and this did not change the outcome. 

I’ll contact Customer Care as per your recommendation. 

Thanks again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gearHunter, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Also, for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help and try to figure this out.

The error that you have encountered usually caused by network communication, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet.

Upon checking on the report, you have 2 Sonos system. In the first one, I see Sonos One (Bedroom) showing as online. In the second system, you have 2 Sonos Ones, 2 Sonos Ones (one is wired to your router), 1 Playbar, and Sub. All showing as offline in the diagnostic.

In which Sonos system are you trying to add the Apple music service? Did you experience the same for other music services?

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.

• Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
  • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
  • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
  • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

I after rebooting your network and Sonos devices and you're still experiencing the same with your Sonos Connect, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.