Question

Switching between different systems - lag

• 29 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am using Sonos at home and in my office - when I go from one network to another, the previous network’s speakers are showing for many minutes, until the list is refreshed. 

This wasn’t an issue a few months ago - I do this switch every work day, and now it has become a problem. I can’t find a way to force a refresh of devices. Very annoying - Even if I have been on the network for a good while (hours), and open the app, the list is still showing the devices from my previous network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the same issue.  Sometimes it takes 30 minutes to find the “new” network, sometimes it is relatively quick.Simon B Sonos Staff what was the outcome of the original question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @stevedutt0n, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having the same issue about switching networks on your Sonos system. I want to ask some questions so we can check on this issue.

• Is it happening only on a specific controller device or on all devices where you have the Sonos App?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made in the settings or on your Wifi or network settings?
  • Are you using a mesh network or Wifi extenders?

I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @EdvardR, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about switching systems and networks on Office and at Home, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report on the office and at home for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

I’ll ask as well If when did it start happening? Are there any changes made on any settings before this issue persists?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.