Answered

Sonos ONE micro problem, no light, no use, no Alexa. PLEASE HELP!!

• 17 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I bought a couple of SONOS ONE to connect them to my beam so i get a surround system. I have connect them all toghether, however, by speakers SONOS ONE´s micro does not turn on in anyway, meaning that the only micro ON is the one from my BEAM. 

Because of this, i do not know whether my SONOS One´s micro works, i do not know if Alexa works on them etc…

I starting asking to myself that may be, if Beam is already using Alexe, maybe this blocks the Sonos Ones micro ?? 

I have tried to reset the speaker, uninstall the sonos skill in alexa…

can you please help ? i am going crazy with this issue.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 January 2022, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

When the Ones are bonded to a Beam as surround speakers, this disables the microphones on the Ones.

The microphones will be disabled on voice-enabled products used as surround speakers with a voice-enabled Sonos home theater product.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4807?language=en_US

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So for use in a surround system Sonos One SL’s are the cheaper option: you do not pay for a microphone that is not used.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.  I though that was the reason. 
I basically bought the version ONE cause they were on discount at the same price of the One SL. That was the reason. Thanks !!