Question

Sonos Move Poor Battery Life

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I recently did an update on my Sonos Move and upgraded to the new app. Since then the battery life on my Move has been extremely poor.

For example, I fully charged the Move on Saturday afternoon and within 3-4 hours it was flat. I was streaming Spotify over Wi-Fi and at about 65% volume. This happened twice on Saturday. I had put back on the base fully charged and went flat again in a similar time frame.

Today I turned on and looked at the battery, it was at 53%, this lasted just over an hour and a half and went flat, the app stated that there was still 28% left. Not sure what has changed but the battery life is extremely poor all of a sudden and is nowhere near the purported 10hrs. Unit is 7 months old.

Curious if anybody else has experienced this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It is frustrating to be unable to contact customer support to check my the battery of my new Sonos Move does not work. 
diagnostic number 2083319938.

I’ve a new Sonos Move and its battery does not work at all. It remains 0% despite spending hours on charging deck. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Gambit1870.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and bringing this to us right away.

Sonos Move has gained an additional hour of battery life through a previous software update.

Sonos Move can now support up to 11 hours of continuous playtime on battery.

Now since its draining to fast than normal, I suggest contacting our Phone support agent. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.