Answered

Sonos Fix It - Stuck “Multiple Systems…”

• 29 January 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Are these the instructions you are following?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

@Ken_Griffiths 

Hmm, I think the issue was in fact different...the problem inside the app maybe not. I’ll go try it with your suggestions etc. later then either make a new topic if it doesn’t work, or raise a glass in your honor for your help.

None of these things work, still stuck on the screen to select a Sonos system. Worse yet, no system is even shown! This happens every time I take my Sonos to either a new WiFi or I change any WiFi settings. The only solution is to factory reset both my Sonos One boxes, really crappy. 

The app either says I can add my Sonos One to the new WiFi (this makes me get stuck) or I can “Select your product” in the app, which doesn’t even find the Sonos One.

It’s too bad I already got three Sonos devices, but I’ll not be buying any more if this is how it’s going to be every time.

The issue you’re describing is quite different to the one mentioned by the OP.. who apparently is using the same router setup.

In your post you talk about moving the system to a new WiFi, or changing the WiFi settings, that’s a different topic and for that type of issue, you need to provide wired LAN access to one Sonos product within your setup, preferably a standalone product and not a Sonos HT Surround or Sub.

Connect the controller device to the same router and then open the Sonos App. The wired device will then show up in the App and so will any other Sonos products that you then power on (unwired).

Once all devices are present and showing, you can then update the WiFi SSID/credentials in the Sonos App network settings using the ‘Update Networks’ feature. Don’t forget to remove the old SSID/Credentials too, that’s if they are obsolete, otherwise retain them.

You can also read more here on this subject:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

I’m not confused about the terminology WiFi networks and Systems, my main issue is with the fact that the app just doesn’t continue.

My current context is that I went on a one week trip and brought my Sonos One with me from home. This obviously means that I switched WiFi networks, meaning I should add the new WiFi network to my current system, right? Well, that is actually the thing I’m unable to do because the app just doesn’t continue or offer any other way to do it.

I plug in my One at the new location, have my iPhone connected to the new WiFi and open up the Sonos app. Naturally it won’t find my system and the devices in it since I’m not on the correct WiFi (the one I have at home). So the app offers to fix it, which is great. Then the option to add the WiFi at my new location appears, so I try to add that WiFi to my system so I can let my Sonos One connect. This is how it should be so far, right? Then the app happily complies and searches for devices in my system and tells me “it found multiple systems” where I should continue with selecting the one I want to adjust.

So...at this point the tableview (or collectionview, no idea which one is used) showing my system should be shown? There’s space for it in the modal that appeared, but nothing is shown. Worse yet—the continue button receives touches but either isn’t wired to an actual function, or there’s some check in the function it calls that doesn’t do anything further. Hence; me and the topic creator are “stuck”.

---

As to answer your question; my new vacation location looks like it just uses a ‘regular’ network. No mesh, no extender, nothing. Just a plain and simple router with no fancy addons.

It seems to me like your posts are confused about different WiFi networks and different Sonos systems. Also it should not be necessary to factory reset when changing networks and doing so usually makes things worse.

Please describe your network. Is it a mesh? Do you have any extenders or access points?

None of these things work, still stuck on the screen to select a Sonos system. Worse yet, no system is even shown! This happens every time I take my Sonos to either a new WiFi or I change any WiFi settings. The only solution is to factory reset both my Sonos One boxes, really crappy. 

The app either says I can add my Sonos One to the new WiFi (this makes me get stuck) or I can “Select your product” in the app, which doesn’t even find the Sonos One.

It’s too bad I already got three Sonos devices, but I’ll not be buying any more if this is how it’s going to be every time.

I would perhaps try a reboot of the router and devices. Maybe power off all then bring things back online in this order…

• Modem/Router
  • Wired Sonos devices
  • Wireless Sonos devices starting with the nearest/next nearest

Let each device settle and appear in the Sonos App before powering on the next.

Hopefully all will then work okay for you.

Userlevel 7

Unplug the speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.