Sonos Connect - Speakers Cutting Out (wired in) - Wireless amp Plays

• 12 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a SONOS Connect:Amp in my house.  The Connect is running into a 4 channel Monoprice controller which is sending music to 4 different areas of the house; all hardwired in.

Everything was working great, until I recently added a SONOS wireless amp to the system.  Most of the the time, the music plays great….but occasionally the audio running to all of the speakers cuts out.  When this happens, I can still hear the SUB playing the music.  This generally lasts for about 10 seconds.  If I happen to pause the music when this happens, the problem is solved as soon as I hit play again.  Otherwise, I just wait until the connection resumes and the music picks back up.

I have no idea what’s causing this, but there were never any issues until I added the wireless sub.

Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! :-)
Thanks in advance,

Matt

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would suspect either wifi interference , or potentially duplicate IP address issues with your router.

You say “all hardwired in”, but it’s indeterminate if your speaking about the speakers to the CONNECT:AMP, or the CONNECT:AMP to the router. If it is the latter, I would recommend a refresh of your local network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router comes back up, plug all Sonos devices back in to power. 

Bruce…

Thanks so much for the reply.  SONOS Connect:AMP is wirelessly connected to the Router; the speakers are hardwired from the AMP (via the channel selector).  

I’ll give this a try and report back.

Thanks again,
Matt

Gotcha. So it could be either of my suggestions, or both in some measure. Remember, and it’s been a while since I read the FAQ I linked, that all interference doesn’t come from inside the home. Local WiFi networks can get interference from all sorts of places.

But I’m betting the reboot will likely fix the issue for you. Let’s  see ;)