Answered

Sonos Connect reboots and drop group

• 10 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

My Sonos  Connect is part of S2. Since about 3 weeks when streaming Pandora it reboots dropping the connection or looses the group with a pair of Sonos SL. That can happen after two hours, one hour, or earlier. The white light on the front will lit and flash.

In addition I had created a group in Alexa. At the beginning it worked fine but mow mostly Alexa is not listening ? 
Could it be a hardware defect of the Connect ?

icon

Best answer by James L. 12 March 2021, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Could be. Try rebooting your router and unplugging all of your Sonos speakers from power for about a minute to see if that improves anything.

As a last resort, you can try resetting the Connect. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Badge

I will try that. Had rebooted already routher, the Sonos Booth , and the Connect but not the rest of the system. As I‘m writing the Connect is rebooting even there is no activity, no streaming.

Badge

I have resetted the Sonos Connect and it helped temporarily. I have submitted a diagnostic report if by any chance someone from Sonos Support reads. 1087691020 is the confirmation number. Thanks

Badge +17

Hi @areito,

I’ve checked over your diagnostic and don’t see anything obvious in there that could be causing your issues, though it does appear that the Connect is completely rebooting when it drops. 

If the problem reoccurs, I’d recommend submitting another diagnostic as soon as you notice the Connect has rebooted and reconnected to the system and get in touch with our customer care team. They’ll be able to work with you to come to a more permanent resolution. You can also refer them to this thread if needs be.

Let us know how you get on.

Badge

Hi James,

The issue has reocurred several times. In addition the Connect is part of a group togetherwith ampair of Sonos SL created with Amazon Alexa. It used to work fine but now the group plays music only occasionally. 

Badge +17

Thanks for letting me know. I’d strongly recommend getting in touch with our customer care team for deeper diagnostic analysis since we’re limited to the steps we can perform here on the community.