Answered

Sonos Architectural outdoor speakers + TV

• 26 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi there. We recently built an open-air outdoor structure next to our pool, we’re planning to mount a TV and are looking for recommendations for sound. We currently run our house on all sonos products (arc, playbars, play1 &3, subs,etc) and outdoors we have Bose landscape speakers connected via sonos connect. I was planning to purchase the outdoor architectural speakers and amp to connect to the tv for sound but was sure if that was the best option. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 November 2022, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JKR4335 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The outdoor Sonance Architectural speakers will certainly serve you well, though I cannot recommend using the Sonos Amp outdoors. Where are you mounting your outdoor TV? If it’s going to be near the main house, I’d recommend getting some long HDMI cable and keeping the Amp indoors - you would still be able to control volume with the TV remote or the Sonos app (though the app needs a WiFi connection to be available in your garden). You will likely need to drill a hole in the wall for the HDMI cable and speaker wires. A weatherproof enclosure would also serve to protect Amp, but I don’t think an open-air structure would suffice. Keeping Amp indoors also makes it more likely that you will be able to play music in the garden if the WiFi is weaker outside.

As a sound-bar would have to be outside with the TV I cannot recommend one of those, so Amp does seem the best option.

I hope this helps.