Sonos AMP Sounds underwater connected to floor standing speakers only.

• 13 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Using brand new latest sold 2023 SONOS AMP connected via Ethernet to Router(excellent speed connection).

Using 12 Guage speaker wire for connection from SONOS AMP to passive floor standing speakers.

Speakers = PSB Image 4T - Left and Right only speakers.

Speaker Specs:

Floorstanding, video-shielded, biwirable, front-ported loudspeaker. Drive-units: 1" aluminum-dome, ferrofluid-cooled tweeter, two reflex-loaded 5.25" polypropylene-cone woofers with rubber surrounds. Crossover frequencies: 500Hz, 2.2kHz. Frequency response: 38Hz-21kHz ±3dB. Sensitivity (anechoic): 89dB/2.83V/m. Nominal impedance: 6 ohms (minimum 4 ohms). Recommended power: 10-150W

Sonos Setup = Stereo 2 channel sound

PROBLEM:

Using Spotify to play music. Spotify account has highest quality download subscription service (Not standard)

All connections triple verified. 

Speakers sound FLAT with very little dynamic range.

Sound like I am listening underwater.

Used S2 app to change EQ settings and little improvement noticed.

I have just received multiple amps, subs and in-ceiling sonance speakers for a whole home setup.

First crack at setting up two existing floor standing speakers and I am a bit taking back and having some serious doubts about my LARGE purchase which I am in time to return if this is the quality sound that I can expect. Any help is much appreciated. I will be also contacting sonos support via phone in the coming days.

Thx in advance for any advice.

ZGUCC

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +20

Double check you have not reversed polarity of the speaker wiring,

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Have you tried another audio source?(easiest to check)

Have you verified the bi-wire option is set for single amp drive?

Are you getting sound out of each driver in each speaker?

Do you have another set of speakers you could try?

Do you have another Amp you could try?