Best answer by John BView original
Proper way to add BOOST to already existing Sonos Setup
Good Morning, I just purchased a BOOST for my home. Easy question. What is the proper way to add the BOOST to an already home Sonos Setup ? Play 5, 3 Play 1's - 2 as a stero pair, Play One, Playbase. I will be plugging the BOOST directly into my router.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
Log in or register to reply
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Having said that ... it always feels slightly safer to me to do the following, though probably OTT.
1. Wire one of existing units to the router temporarily.
2. Check after a minute or two that everything is connected by SonosNet - in About My Sonos System the speakers should all have WM:0 next to them not WM:1.
3. Add the BOOST UNWIRED (you have an option for this when you add it)
4. When the Boost has been added to system, just swap it with the temporarily wired device.
5. Give it a minute or two to settle down.
Please let us know how it goes.
(If you already have a wired device, just follow steps 3-5 above.)