Question

Playbar with repaired PSU still dead

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have a problem with my dead Playbar. To solve the problem I replaced the rectifier and after that the powersupply works fine (15,8V with load) but the playbar is still dead. Is there anything that I can do or check (schematic, diagram, pinouts) on my playbar that helps me to locate the error? Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GarlandBriggs.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We appreciate you trying to resolve the issue you’re experiencing with the Playbar, but when it comes to any product issues particularly if it’s hardware related, it’s best to reach out to Sonos Support to diagnose the unit and discuss the replacement process if needed.

If the evaluation of the Sonos support technician turns out to be a hardware problem, we don’t recommend repair as an option but instead, we can offer you a replacement in accordance with the replacement policy. That said since you already opened the unit (Playbar), it already voids the product’s eligibility for replacement.

Moving forward, if you have any questions or run into any issues with Sonos, you can always reach out to us here in the community or to Sonos support, we are always here to help.

Hi GarlandBriggs !

I would appreciate if you could take a Closer Pictures of the Power supply as mine is burnt and I am unable to find out the values of missing Components...