Question

Our sonos playbar all of a sudden stopped playing the TV sound. Still can played over but not TV sound nor DVD nor Apple TV. Please help.

• 19 February 2015
  • 91 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

91 replies

Correction: 6823064
Correction as I posted wrong diagnostics number: 6823064
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Correction as I posted wrong diagnostics number: 6823064

Hi Kt327639,

The PLAYBAR shows that it is receiving a stereo signal from the optical cable. It may help to check your TV's audio settings to make sure it's set to output audio through the optical output. What model of TV do you have?
I am having this same issue. My sound bar plays music and bluray player but not my tv. Diagnostic 6916369
My play bar plays my tv and radio but when I try to play music library or Spotify no sound comes out. Diagnostic 6916584
Thanks
Thought I should add Spotify still plays through all of our other speakers in different rooms just not in the room with playbar & 2 play3's.
Hi, I am all of a sudden havong same issue. My TV is set to PCM and is a samsung, it has an optical with a red light. i tried rebooting, resetting, and different optical cable. when i reset it said getting no audio signal from TV. my ID number is 111091644
Sorry my Diagnostics number is 6926400
same problem. sound bar worked fine for a long time. All of the sudden stopped playing anything. unplugged it, checked optical connection and can't get it to work. diagnostic 6949845
Same problem. I have the player for 5 days now, worked fine. Now for 2 days, when watching tv, the sound suddenly stops. Switching channel makes it come back for about 10 seconds. Then it disappears again.
Setting up play bar for first time. Music plays fine but no sound from tv. Optical cable attached from tv to play at. Red light can be seen. Powered on and off, no change. Disconnected cable and reconnected, no change. Diagnostic 6951436.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hey gregc...

This may be a messy place to place your questions (given it is among a few others having potentially different challenges and in a discussion thread that is a year old... not being critical, just hoping to help troubleshoot your issue specifically separate from the rest of the thread...) Having said that, your issue may be quite different from many of the others here in that it seems you have not yet had your system working for any TV audio. I'm no digital audio expert, but I believe you will need to make sure that the audio format your TV is "sending" to the playbar through the Toslink cable is one that is compatible with the playbar, as perhaps a first step in troubleshooting your specific problem... For the standard setup, If you are absolutley certain that you have a 5.1 audio source, your TV should pass Dolby Digital 5.1 to your Playbar over optical when you’re watching something with that format.

This link may be helpful: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/home-theater-and-television-recommendation-megathread-6735001

Best of luck 🙂
Same problem TV volume suddenly gone - diagnosis number 7007430
No TV Sound: diagnosis number 7019974
Hello same issue here. No TV sound but able to play music. Optical cable functioning tried power cycling to no avail. Diagnostic number 7024772. Thanks!