Answered

Occasional dropout

• 20 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Just looking for some help.

The last  few days have experience very occasional  drop outs when playing Amazon music.

Have addd a few extra speakers in the past month and a Beam 2 and because of that I thought it was best to move my Sonos System onto Sonosnet . So I also add a Sonos boost. My Wi-Fi is on channel 11 and my Sonos boost is on channel 6.

Can I ask how to submit a diagnostics report?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 20 January 2022, 13:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Thanks

Had a few Sonos one’s for four years, they worked so well.

Decided to expand my System and I have to say very pleased with it’s performance. 

Userlevel 7

Just a line to say, carried out the advice above and moved my Sonos boost to channel 1 and my Wi-Fi is on channel 11. Bit reluctant because Sonos app tells me the boost automatically finds the best channel, which in my case was channel 6.

So far there has been no drop outs, so hopefully that’s done the trick.

When the Boost is first connected, it may well find the best channel, but your local network environment is not static. There is no harm in trying different channels for Boost and/or router, to find which works best for you.

If the dropouts do return, maybe just try a reboot of the Boost, so it connects to the best channel for SonosNet at the time when it is powered back on.

Just a line to say, carried out the advice above and moved my Sonos boost to channel 1 and my Wi-Fi is on channel 11. Bit reluctant because Sonos app tells me the boost automatically finds the best channel, which in my case was channel 6.

So far there has been no drop outs, so hopefully that’s done the trick.

Thanks

The drop out once again happen.

diagnostics 1387235644

Thanks

No problems with drops outs for the last 24 hours. Strange.

My Sonos System sounds great and the Beam 2 which I purchase last week is excellent. 

Many thanks

Just waiting for the problem to materialise again so I can send a report in. 

The problem happens very occasionally. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve posted a few diagnostics here about my Amazon issues with no official response, I’d suggest a call if it is possible.

Userlevel 7

The diagnostic goes back around 20mins, so make sure the dropouts occur within that period for the diagnostic to pick it up.

You could also try changing your router channel to either 1 or 6, with SonosNet being on either 6/11 or 1/11 respectively.

Thanks for the reply.

I give your suggestion a go.

The problem is very occasional, the music fades for a few seconds and than returns to appropriate volume. 

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7

You either need to contact Sonos Support directly quoting your diagnostic number or post it here for a Sonos employee to look at. The quickest way is the former.

They will be able to locate your diagnostic if you didn’t take a note of it under your other details, or you could submit another.

Have you also tried SonosNet channel 1?

Just to say I have find out how to submit a diagnostics report. 

The problem is very occasional.