Answered

No access to Asus router fileshare since upgrading to S2

• 12 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently upgraded my Sonos system from Connect to Port. As a result, I had to upgrade from S1 to S2 as well. Before all this, I had no problem accessing files on the external fileshare HD that I have connected to the USB port of my Asus AC5300 Router. In the new situation Sonos won't even let me restore my music library from the fileshare HD. After a few minutes of apparent indexing it just quits and says: “The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on,” (it is) “the path may have changed” (it didn’t). This is very annoying, since it means I can no longer access my music collection (painstakingly converted from thousands of CDs) the way I could before. Does anyone recognize this problem?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 January 2023, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There is a known issue with regards to USB library shares that is ongoing at the moment and Sonos are aware of the issue and investigating the matter. See the comments in this thread from Staff…