Question

lining Spotify premium account to Sonos AND Google Assistant

• 18 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have when 1 sonos speaker and have updated to the sonos 2 app which I understand is compatible. However although I've linked google to sonos I'm unable to link my spotify premium account. 

When I instruct Google to play 'x' music from spotify it tries to find it but then I receive a response which says 'you need to link your spotify premium account to Google and sonos.  

I've done that but not getting anywhere. Can anyone help?

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dcarr2911, thank you for your response and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for detailing your concern in your post and for letting us know about it. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

I have got a few questions and will give some suggestions on some troubleshooting steps that you can follow.

• Do you experience the same on other music services?
  • Were you able to play music from the Spotify app to your Sonos?
  • Do you have other Sonos devices with Google Assistance installed? If so, how does Google Assistant work on those devices?
  • Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices? How did Google Assistant work after?
  • Have you tried connecting your Sonos speaker to your router via ethernet cable?

To see if this clears up the issue, please remove Google Assistant from your Sonos devices, and then re-add it back. Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to improve? Please try a different mobile controller if you will encounter the same. You can also run through our troubleshooting guide.

We would like to have you submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out.