Line In from TV keeps needing to be started via app

• 12 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a Play:5 Gen 2, updated to controller S2 latest release. It’s connected via line-in to Samsung television in the family room. We find that annoyingly often, turning the television back on (from standby) will result in no sound playing. To solve this I have to launch the i-Phone app where I see the ‘play’ icon is displayed besides the Family Room bar at the bottom. Tapping this (sometimes a couple of attempts are needed) changes the play icon to a ‘stop’ icon and the sound returns from the TV.

Things I’ve tried over the past year to resolve this permanently:

1. Updating the app on the i-Phone
  2. Updating the Sonos app on the PC (Windows 10)
  3. Restoring the Sonos to factory default and redoing all the i-Phone waving around, media library connection etc.
  4. Trialling various setting combinations for Source Level (currently Level 2 A/V Component), Audio Delay (currently medium 113ms) and Autoplay (currently with Family Room selected as Autoplay Room, Use Autoplay Volume toggled on, Autoplay Volume set to 50%)

Nothing seems to keep the Line-In stable, it’s only a matter of days before the sound disappears again and the i-Phone is needed to resolve the issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you AjTrek1. Of your 5 suggestions, the only one that wasn’t already the case was to make the Source Name “Home Theatre” which I’ve now done (previously was “TV”).

I’ll update this thread if the issue reoccurs since making this change.

Unlikely that is going to help. If AutoPlay is not working in this case (and it should), it is time to get a designed-for-TV Sonos device instead.

Thank you AjTrek1. Of your 5 suggestions, the only one that wasn’t already the case was to make the Source Name “Home Theatre” which I’ve now done (previously was “TV”).

I’ll update this thread if the issue reoccurs since making this change.

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Assuming your TV is not at fault (which requires more infromation to trouble shoot0 make sure that Sonos is set as follows:

• Sonos 5 Gen2 is set as a Room/Zone in the Sonos App
  • Make sure the Line-In shows as Connected
  • Make the Source Name _Home Theater 
  • Make the AUTO-PLAY room the Sonos 5 Gen 2
  • Adjust the volume of the Auto Play room to 50% or less to avoid a loud signal upon start