Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

What happens when you try to update the bridge? Is it connected to your router with an ethernet cable?
Badge
Tried changing wireless channel. Was set to Auto and changed to 6. Submitted diag 1736949196. Dropping while playing from Sirius. Speakers missing also.

Any help on this issue looking at the diagnostics?
Badge
What happens when you try to update the bridge? Is it connected to your router with an ethernet cable?
The bridge is connected via Ethernet to my witeless router, and it will not update. I get the can not update error in the controller then the bridge resets, blinks orange for a few seconds then becomes discoverable again.
Since it's the end of the year, it's unlikely that you're going to get a response for a couple of days, unless you try the 24/7 support on Twitter or Facebook. While they purport to be 24/7, I'm not sure whether they're available on holidays as well, but it's better than waiting for Wednesday for a response here.
Sorry, is there a number associated with that error "can not update"?

If it's connected with an ethernet cable, I may be unable to help you. The only other suggestion I could have would be to try a different cable to the router, and the other port on the back of the bridge. But if it's not that, there's likely a hardware fault that might be seen by Sonos when they look at your diagnostic.

Rather than waiting for a response here, you might want to try one of the other methods of contacting them, as explained at https://www.sonos.com/contact
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue since couple of days. Nothing change in my setup/network. Please can you help? This is REALLY annoying.

Diagnostic 170095515
Hi All,
I have a problem with my setup. I have 2 Play5 and 1 Play3 speakers. Up until recently, everything worked. Now I can't get more than two speakers to work at the same time. I have removed the groups, redid them using different speakers to start with no effect. I have shutdown my entire network system, including shutting routers, APs, computers, etc. Powered everything back up in order - router first and out from that. Connected everything back and I still can't get more than two speakers to work at the same time. Software says they are all working but nothing out of the 3rd speaker. What can I do?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Spotify just stopped and skipped on one song.
Diagnostic sent: 1929882447
Badge
Was able to fix the upgrade issue by resetting the bridge and reassigning a new IP to the bridge. No drops so far.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Spotify just stopped and skipped on one song.
Diagnostic sent: 1929882447

New diagnostic after some time still stuttering and skipping...
I have tplink wifi deco m5 with full wifi an a little 85mq house.
So this is not possible to be a network problem.
Same thing was happening from time to time with my previous Asus n56u router and to me it is not a network problem.

Diag 570468033

Edit:
Tunein is working like a charme while Spotify stops and stutter.... So annoying
Hi Sonos Support,

Running a Play 1, Play 3 and Play 5 connecting to digitally imported premium over tune in. I get frequent cut outs that last anywhere from 1s to a few seconds. Other streaming music to all sonos equipment is ok (via Apple Music for example). It would indicate something with tunein? However I am listening to di.fm direct from their site (as a premium member) as well as adding the station to iTunes and listening through there via my laptop. Never a drop.

Submitted 8120013. Would like some help if you can!

Thanks.
Jumping on the bandwagon here. I recently connected a TT to a Connect:Amp I wasn’t using. My setup prior to adding this device was a Playbar, Play:1, and another Connect:Amp powering speakers on my deck. None of the three devices ever dropped off my app in the past 5 years.

The second Connect:Amp connected to my TT drops off once day. Each time, I unplug the power and plug it back in so it can reestablish a connection.

My Bell HomeHub 300 Router is set to Channel 6.
SonosNet Channel is set to Channel 11.

Diagnostic: 293570726

Thanks

Jonathan
One of my Play:5s started skipping today when playing from my wife's iPhone local content. It goes away when my iPhone's wifi is turned off. Turning my wifi radio back on immediately starts with the skipping/drop outs. Diagnostic number 1274459286 was submitted while this was going on.

The Play:5 is hard wired to the network, and there are several other speakers that aren't, if that matters. The wifi channel is one.

What other diagnostic information can I provide?

Thanks.

.sal
Diagnostic 748375781

Hello
I run a very small restaurant and bar ( less than 12 tables) and having significant issues with Sonos connectivity. We have two Sonos play 1.. one in bar area and one in dining area.

We have an access point in the bar area with the router on the floor upstairs. Tracks keep skipping and the second dining area Sonos keeps losing connectivity. I’ve tried tunein...Spotify...amazon...all the same. I’ve changed wireless channels and tried moving the Sonos devices around to see if that helps

I’m really at a loss as to how to resolve. The music is not smooth at all and makes for an unpleasant experience. We’ve had to resort to older less desirable options which we don’t want to do.

Please could you advise how to resolve?

Thanks
First off, I'd actually recommend that you create a new topic with your issue. Much more likely to be seen by Sonos than here on page 13 of a long thread.

I'm inferring from your post that your Sonos speakers are all on your wifi. Have you tried doing a "wired" network, by connecting one Sonos device (a BOOST, or one of the speakers) to your router upstairs?

What's the building made of? Is it old brick or stone, or stick frame with wallboard?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
For anyone interested. I started my own thread https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/8-2-drops-room-group-daily-6794659/

It seems that I am talking to myself. My current system is so unstable I cannot play anything for more than a minute. All my play speakers are on fixed IPs btw.
Hi, Having issues with tracks skipping and going in and out. We are using 3 Google Wifi routers and have 4 total Sonos speakers. Please let me know what I might do to fix it. The diagnostic number is 8129370. Thanks!

Room has just started disappearing out of nowhere, have cycled power on the device multiple times
Hi,

I have a Play:5 and two Play:1 distributed in three different rooms. Sound is periodically cutting out and sometimes the players disappear from my app. Play:5 is connected via Ethernet cable, while the Play:1 rely on WiFi.

I initially thought about wireless covereage and tried use both my home WiFi on different channels and the Sonos WiFi network from the player connected to Ethernet with no appreciable difference.

Moreover, lately even the player connected via ethernet started cutting out and disappearing. Sonetimes this player is not visible in the list, while the other players, which currently rely on the Sonos WiFi broadcasted by this device, are reachable

Diagnostic 8131990 sent.

Thanks
Gianluca
Diagnostic report number 8135208
Switched my 2nd amp to be hardwired, even though my AV guys said both sonos and creston reccomend one being hardwired and the rest not....hooked it into my rack and no problems....HARDWIRE is always the way to go 😮
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
My Diagnostic number 8135374
Using with Spotify app on android
Hi! My playbase keeps cutting the audio for like 10 seconds at a time before coming back. It is *not* wireless, but connected using a wire. Diagnostics number: 650979270
Music was just cutting out then intermittently starting again. However I turned the system off and found my kitchen Sonos was not on my list of Sonos players and I had not deleted it so reset up and so far everything is now working ok. System has been playing up for a few weeks and this is not what I expect of a Sonos system. Very frustrating