Question

intermittent connection issues (cannot connect to Spotify)

• 19 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I'm experiencing a strange issue on a larger sonos s2 system (10 speakers). Every other day or so, I can no longer connect to any music services or connect to the update servers. It just says it "cannot connect". I can see all my speakers just fine.

Weird thing is, whatever playlist i was playing before I can press play and it will play normally because it has some type of connection. The situation usually rights itself after a few hours, or I can usually fix it by restarting the router and at least one sonos speaker. And I've never had any audio drop outs.

I have tried plugging in to the router and using SonosNet, I've tried configuring wifi, I've tried changing channels - same weird behavior. 

I'm using an eero pro (single, no mesh) and it is working just fine for all my other devices.

I submitted a diagnostic at 1718527646 with my current wifi configuration.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BryanKennedy, welcome to the Sonos community, and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I appreciate all your effort in checking for the resolution and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let us help you out.

Upon checking, there’s a network-related issue in your Sonos system. This usually caused by network communication, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet. Also, the diagnostic report was submitted from your iOS device.

To correct this, the next step is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

After performing the steps above and you're still experiencing the same problem, hardwire one of your speakers to your router and observe your Sonos system. Please submit another diagnostic for us to check if the errors have been cleared out.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.