Delay between port and one

• 17 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

I have in my kitchen 2 sonos one paired as stereo. In my living room i  recently got a port. All 3 devices are wired and deactivated wireless. When grouping kitchen and living room i get a delay and it creates an ecco. Sounds terrible. Is there anything to do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Had to switch my AVR to direct mode, disabling the internal processing, to get it to play in sync with the Sonos speakers.

The audio delay is ‘unlikely’ to be between the Port and Sonos speakers, as they should play perfectly in sync, unless there is an issue with the network, but it’s ‘more likely’ that the delay is incurred within the receiver that the port is connected to. I would look to that downstream device/connection, as there is no way to delay the audio output from the Sonos Ones to bring all into sync.

If using a coax digital connection to the receiver, perhaps try an analog RCA line-connection instead and see if that may make a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If not a TV, please look at changing the Audio Compression settings as per this article: Use Line-In on Sonos | Sonos

Edit:

Change the setting to uncompressed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello

I have in my kitchen 2 sonos one paired as stereo. In my living room i  recently got a port. All 3 devices are wired and deactivated wireless. When grouping kitchen and living room i get a delay and it creates an ecco. Sounds terrible. Is there anything to do?

What audio source are you using?