Answered

Connection Issues

• 22 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently purchased a Sonos Ray soundbar and when i am in my conservatory where I have a Sonos 1 when i look at the app it always goes to the soundbar and on most occasions does not see the Sonos 1 until i use my phone to access the app - any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 October 2022, 16:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sounds like some sort of wifi interference causing your network to not always ‘see’ the One. Beyond the potential solutions in that link, I would also try a simple network refresh, by unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, and while they are unplugged, rebooting the router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish rebooting before plugging back in your Sonos devices.

However, if none of the suggestions I’ve mentioned work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.