Answered

Computer Doesn't "Wake" Sonos One

• 18 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I have just purchased the Sonos One. I’m an Apple Music subscriber, I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro. 

I set the audio output on the MBP to the Sonos. When I haven’t used the system in a few hours and I return to my room, I see that the MBP is still set to output to the Sonos. I’ll start playing music on the Music app but there is no sound coming from the Sonos. Apparently I need to wake it up? I tap once on top of the Sonos and that “wakes” it but it also pauses the music. 

I won’t say this is a show stopper but it is less than optimal at the very least. How do I prevent this from happening?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 18 September 2022, 05:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I suspect the One is going into “low power mode”, as it’s designed to do when not being used for a while. If so, it then needs to be “woken”. This might work if you re-select the One as your target for the music stream.

If not, double-tap the One to wake it, either using pause/play or volume up/down and then restart your stream.