Answered

A couple of faults

• 18 April 2022
  • 1 reply

So Sonos crew, i wonder if you can help?

First problem, I have 2 sonos one that i have made a stereo pair, the problem i have is that if i talk to my right speaker, and ask it to play music via spotify, Alexa advises that the device is off line. If i give the request to left speaker, the instruction is followed out, but sometimes with a problem.

That problem is that even though Alexa says she has understood what i have said, no music plays. However if i say “Alexa, Pause” and then “Alexa Resume” i then get the music.

Any one have any ideas?

Cheers

Neil 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 April 2022, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Maybe try unpairing the two speakers, swapping their physical location with each other and stereo-pair them again in the App. Then reinstall the Alexa voice assistant on the new left speaker.

If necessary, also try a different fixed non-overlapping SonosNet (if using) or router WiFi channel .. (use channels 1, 6 or 11 only) .. and set the routers 2.4Ghz band to use a channel-width of 20MHz only, to reduce the potential for any local WiFi intereference. See if those things resolve the issues.