Who pre-ordered the new Sonos AMP and what are your plans for it?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

113 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I connected the Sonos One rears today and moved things around a little. Sounds great for home theater and music which is just what I wanted but wasn't quite getting with the Beam, Sub, and rear One's.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

[/b]Go ahead and bond the rears to the Sonos Amp. When listening to music all you need do is go into the Sonos app under room settings for the Sonos Amp and do one of two things:
Option 1. Place the rears on ambient for music (although you will still get a phantom sound)
Option 2. Do Option 1 and lower the volume level (push all the way to the left when listening to music)
Option 2 has the advantage of always keeping the rears at the ready for movies 🙂 (i.e. eliminates the vicious cycle of bonding for movies, un-bonding for music and re-bonding for movies and so on and so on…whew :P)

Thanks, that works pretty well. Still not quite what I want but it's the closest i can get.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned it but you can turn off the rears within the app and I don't mind manually going to 2.0 on the Apple TV. This solves my issue of having stereo sounds form the AMP for music. I only turn on the surrounds now when listening to a 5.1 movie.
Userlevel 7
Cool 🆒
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Yeah I'm feeling pretty satisfied.
Userlevel 7
I finally got my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Sonos Edition (Black) and 2nd Sonos Amp up and running. Now my vinyl collection is back in full swing.🆒 If you are considering doing the same; but not using 3rd party speakers, you'll want to setup the Sonos Amp as follow:

1. Set up Sonos Amp named as a room (I chose Sonos Amp as It's already in a room).
2. Connect your turntable to Sonos Amp RCA Line-in
3. Under room settings for the Sonos Amp go to: Advanced Audio > Line in Source Name and select "Turntable"
4. At Line-in Source Level select "Level 10"
5. At Autoplay Room select a room with a Sonos speaker or stereo pair (I chose Family Room)
6. Turn-on "Use Autoplay Volume" and set level at no more than 25% to right_ so as not to blow your speakers when Turntable starts
7. Click "Done"
8. Place your vinyl on your turntable and enjoy:)
9. In the Sonos App select the room in Step 5 to control Level/Pause/Play/Stop

Note: The level/Pause/Play controls on Sonos Amp will not work in this configuration

I've included pictures of my setup. The Play 5's are the "Autoplay" speakers with white sub. The Playbar and black sub are dedicated to HT with Play 3 surrounds (not shown).

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Really interesting. Can you order the turntable by itself?
I’m thinking of a Rega Planar 3 which is also gloss black.
Userlevel 7
Yes, you can order the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut from Sonos as an accessory. Compared to the Rega Planar 3 it comes with a built-in pre-amp; not to mention $500 in savings :8 Honestly, I don't think my old ears could discern $500 difference in audio with the Play 5's.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I would be using it with the amp and third party speakers.
Looks fantastic for sure 🙂. Do you find it sounds bright and in need of significant treble reduction? I don't have personal experience but a number of online reviews suggest this. Is it really so?
Userlevel 7
Here is my final setup. I bought Revel Concerta 2 M16 speakers. $450 each. Great sound.

Hi

Saw your semi-final setup...Awesome! I said semi-final because you mentioned getting a TT? :8

Cheers!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Yes I'm still thinking about that 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
One of the things about these speakers that I liked is they are a semi-glossy black that matches the sub almost perfectly 🙂 Sound quality was first but I do care about how things look too.