Answered

Orbit Plus w Preamp to Connect:Amp Z100 - Does this work?

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a U Turn Orbit Plus with a built in Pre Amp. Will my old Gen 1 Connect:Amp Z100 work with this turntable? Or will I need to get a more updated amp/port/five for this to work?

I currently have a collection of (2)Sonos One SL and (2)Play:1 speakers, a Beam, and Boost.

So does this work?  Turntable w/ PreAmp → Connect:Amp Z100 → Sonos speakers (One and Play:1 or Beam)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 November 2022, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If it is actually a ZP100, it is S1 compatible only and will not work under S2.  If it is a Connect:Amp, then only Gen 2 models are compatible with S2. 

thanks so much for the quick reply!! it is a Z100.

If it is actually a ZP100, it is S1 compatible only and will not work under S2.  If it is a Connect:Amp, then only Gen 2 models are compatible with S2. 

clarifying question.. is S1 vs S2 related to the app? since i still have Play:1s I dont think I qualify to update to S2. 

hoping that means I am all set with the Z100?

clarifying question.. is S1 vs S2 related to the app? since i still have Play:1s I dont think I qualify to update to S2. 

hoping that means I am all set with the Z100?

Yes, it's the app.  Though Play:1s are both S1 and S2 compatible.

thank you so much!