Answered

Is Connect for ONE ZONE only?

• 10 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
Inotherwords, should I plan to spend a huge amount of money to have my existing in wall and ceiling speakers be controlled as separate zones?
icon

Best answer by Chris 10 December 2016, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thanks. Yes, I have a few amps, which will all sit in a closet where the speakers terminate. I assume I will purchase 2-3 CONNECTS and run zones that way. Thanks alot for the response.

Correct.

If on a budget, you could start with 1 or 2 Connects, and split the wiring out to the multiple amps. Then add additional Connects over time to have more and more zones. Since your amps, wiring, and speakers are already in place, this should be a snap to set up.
Badge +4
Thanks. Yes, I have a few amps, which will all sit in a closet where the speakers terminate. I assume I will purchase 2-3 CONNECTS and run zones that way. Thanks alot for the response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Connect hooks to one amplifier. Your existing speakers probably have an amp and Sonos can be a source. Or replace current amp with some connect:amps. You should be able to connect 4 speakers to a connect amp if they are 8ohm speakers (2 left channel 2 right channel)