Welcome to Components

Let's talk about Connect, Connect:AMP, Sonos AMP, and setups using your own speakers and components.

US Sonos Community

Nothing here

Sonos AMP... how does it switch between sources (TV vs. Spotify vs. Phono)
Answered

Super simple question (I'm sure), but I can't find a clear answer... how does the Sonos AMP select the audio source? I don't see that there is a user selection between streaming audio (Spotify) vs. HD...

New Sonos Amp compare to “Hifi” amp
Question

I’m curious if any of the members have owned “Hifi” amps and have switched over to the new Sonos Amp. How does the Sonos Amp perform? I own vintage Mcintosh amps in two setups currently. Tha...

Show your new Sonos Amp setups!

Show your setups, share tips and tricks etc.

Connect Amp Subwoofer out
Answered

Right now I'm just using speaker wire to include my subwoofer in my Connect Amp setup. I go from the Connect Amp, loop thru the subwoofer and then to my speakers. But I would like to take advantage...

Static interference from Sonos on electronic hearing protection

I recently purchased a pair of 3M Peltor Comtac III hearing defenders, a high quality set of electronic hearing protectors. For those who don't know what that is, they are hearing protection with micr...

New sonos amp and passive speakers vs play 5 for turntable.

So I originally started with my turntable hooked up to a connect and 2 powered speakers. Had an issue with the connect so I returned it and ended up going with a play 5. I feel like my turntable does...

Sonos Amp - CD player connection via hdmi ?
Answered

I am wondering if anyone is using the hdmi connection for anything other than connecting the TV ? I would like to connect the audio hdmi from a Samsung UHD player to it for CD playback. I am assuming...

Sonos - Is a 5.1 or 7.1 system with ceiling speakers possible?
Answered

I am wondering if it is possible to have 5.1 or 7.1 system with Sonos in my great room. This would be part of 14 zone system in a home that is currently being built.. Most of the other zones will ha...

Rumbling sound from sub
Question

Watching the Cowboys Rams playoff game and I hear a rumbling sound on my sub every time the ball is centered to the QB. Not sure if it’s coming from some mic in the game or a problem with my sub

New Sonos Amp speaker question re power rating
Answered

I currently have the connect:amp and am using QAccoustic 3020i speakers with it. I really want to upgrade to the new Sonos Amp when it is available in February, however, the power recommendation for m...

Audio Dropouts using Sonos Connect to send TV audio to Stereo Pair of Play1s

Audio chain is as follows: LGU75UK6190 TV --> Optical Out --> Optical to analog converter --> Analog IN on Sonos Connect --> Stereo Pair of Play1s We've been experiencing random audio dropouts on th...

S5 pair -- two line-in, is that an option?
Answered

I have two S5 (Gen 1) which I have setup as a pair for my TV using line-in on one of the S5. It is working perfectly. I just got a turntable and wondering if I can use the other line-in on the S5 pai...

Help with Xbox 1 settings to convert dts to DD

I’ve looked through various threads but I am still not getting Dolby 5.1 from dts Blu rays on the Xbox. I have Samsung tv connected to beam via arc and have tried various settings on the tv and the Xb...

Connecting a Sonos Connect to a Denon AVR-S730H

I have set up the Connect to my WiFi and want to use the optical cable method to connect to the Denon. I want to connect the optical cable to the Digital Audio (IN) 2 Media Player. I connect the cable...

Connect CD Player + Turntable to Sonos Play: 5
Answered

Hi everyone. In your opinion, is it possible to connect a CD player and a turntable to the Play 5 via a switch or switch?

Collegare Lettore CD + Giradischi al Sonos Play:5

Ciao a tutti. Secondo voi, è possibile collegare, tramite un commutatore o switch, un lettore CD e un giradischi al Play 5?

What to do if amp doesn’t have volume controls

I have got a sonos connect and a Anthem MCA-5 amp buy the amp does seem to have anywhere on it to adjust volume (it is old and heavy) and there is no screen for showing volume. Do I still use variab...

Google Mini and Sonos CONNECT:AMP
Answered

Hello, How can I link / connect my Google Mini to control my Sono Connect:Amp ? (My mini has no line out). Thanks.

Sonos connect to Samsung Smart TV
Question

How do I connect the Sonos connect directly to Samsung Smart Tv?

Damaged RCA ports on connect
Answered

Hi. I have a connect that the left analogue audio output doesn't work. The right is fine and will play through to both speakers. The left is dead. I can't use the optical output as my Denon set up onl...

Use of Sonos Sub
Answered

I have some questions about the Sonos Sub. I am thinking of getting a sub for my living room Sonos setup, but it is not entirely clear for me what the ideal setup will be. As I understand it, the Sub...

Sonos Amp UK release date

Just wondering if there is a confirmed release date for the new Sonos Amp in the UK ? I have been scouring the internet but can't find a definitive answer. I'm looking forward to replacing my current...

Turntable low volume
Answered

I've scoured the internet and this forum for help with my issue and feeling hopeless. My Setup: * Turntable (Orbit turntable) is connected to Sonos Connect via the IN ports. * Playbar connected to TV...

Pioneer receiver + Debut Carbon turntable + Play 5 ??
Answered

I'm trying to figure out if the above would work. I have a Pro Ject Debut Carbon DC turntable that does not have a preamp. I had been playing it through my old Pioneer receiver and wired speakers but...

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings