ZP90 stops playing when part of a group

• 27 March 2017
  • 3 replies

I've got a ZP90/Connect connected to my network via ethernet, along with a few other Sonos devices that connect wirelessly. After long periods (12+ hrs) of inactivity, playing music to the group will play to all of the speakers *except* the ZP90 outputs. Removing it from the group and re-adding it temporarily corrects the issue. Is this something others have experienced? Is there a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've got a ZP90/Connect connected to my network via ethernet, along with a few other Sonos devices that connect wirelessly. After long periods (12+ hrs) of inactivity, playing music to the group will play to all of the speakers *except* the ZP90 outputs. Removing it from the group and re-adding it temporarily corrects the issue. Is this something others have experienced? Is there a solution?

Hi gotwalt,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system after this happens. Please reproduce the issue then submit a diagnostic report. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll look into it for you.
I am having this same problem. Music stops and a flash screen says, "Sonos stops playing after long periods of inactivity." I don't want the music to stop. I need it to play for long periods. Checked settings: No solution available. Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, turnip62. Depending on what you are listening to, there is a limit to the length of playback for some music services. What music service are you using? Thanks! After replicating the problem, would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end? Thanks!