Question

Wirelessly play from second Connect

• 21 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to play wirelessly from a Connect with a line in device to another Connect which is outputting to the amplifier? Its for a turntable in one room with no output to the amplifier, its too far away. The first Connect is already setup through the amp.
I've tried looking for the answer but can't find that anyone has asked this.

5 replies

I don't have two CONNECTs to test this, but couldn't you just group the two rooms together, starting with the one that you're using the line in on?
I don't have two CONNECTs to test this, but couldn't you just group the two rooms together, starting with the one that you're using the line in on?

Thanks for the quick reply. That's an interesting way of looking at it. I suppose that would work and then then just selecting the line-in on the new Connect when the turn table is playing.
Give it a shot, let us know how it works. If I remember correctly, you can even define the "room" that the line in plays to as a default, which you could set up as the second CONNECT.

For "reasons", I don't do a ton of line-in stuff anymore, so all of my comments are theoretical 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Isn’t this just the standard use case of selecting the Line-In of the first Connect as the input source of the second Connect?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
It would seem to me that pwt is right. I do exactly that with my two connects - play the turntable from room A in room B and play the audio of my Sky box in room B to the amp wired to the connect in room A