Answered

Wireless headphones for Sonos:port

• 20 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Wanted to know if you can use wireless headphones with a sonos port system? Bluetooth?

icon

Best answer by ratty 20 December 2020, 21:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes. 

We are using the analog outputs on the Sonos Port. So could I just connect a bluetooth transmitter to the digital out? Thanks!

To avoid going through an unnecessary conversion to analog and back to digital perhaps? It's a matter of taste, but I personally use a coax to optical converter to feed a Bluetooth aptX-HD transmitter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why would you do that? The Port can do the conversion for you. Just use the analogue outs on the Port and connect those to your bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks for the reply! I am a newbie to all of this! Do I connect a coax to optical converter to the digital out on the back of the Port and then connect a Bluetooth transmitter to that?Thanks!

Yes, of course. Connect via analog/RCA or digital/coax. Since many Bluetooth transmitters only accept digital via optical you may also need a coax-to-optical converter. They’re inexpensive.