Question

Wireless Headphone with Connect

• 19 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi all - I found a few different topics but nothing specific to my use-case (or recent).

I have a Playbar, 3 Play 1s and a Connect that my Turntable is plugged into the input.

I am looking to wireless stream my Turntable to headphones.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance for and help and happy holidays!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You didn't say what kind of headphones.

But no, most wireless headphones are bluetooth, and none of the Sonos products are. There might be some hacky ways to do so, but you'd need to expand on what your system is. What are the headphones? Does your Connect connect to a amp/receiver?, or is it just an input device for your turntable? If that's the case, then it's a simple "no". If you've got it connected to a receiver, then it's a "maybe", but you're really trying to do something non-intuitive. Sonos is a streaming multi-room system, not a amp/recever for distribution of music to multiple outputs.
Actually it's a simple "yes" and it's perfectly intuitive. Contrary to what Airgetlam says, it's straightforward to add wireless headphones to a CONNECT. Plug the transmitter into the analog Line Outs, or use one of the digital outputs if the transmitter supports it.

Assuming the OP is interested in conventional quality wireless headphones, these are not Bluetooth. They generally use their own proprietary protocol in the 2.4GHz band, though some still use analog FM at a lower frequency.