Question

Wink hub integration with Sonos with intercom capability

• 7 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a complete Sonos speaker on every corner of my house would be nice to integrate this with wink even a possibility of enabling intercom capabilities would be really nice. I'm thinking about Amazon echo but I rather spend that money for another Sonos speaker. 🙂

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi there. No plans to announce at the time. We'll pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.
I, too, would like to integrate my Sonos speakers with my Wink Hub and my Echo.
I also would like to know if there is any plans to integrate wink? I love my sonos but want to utilize more technology which is making annoyed with sonos especially since they now integrate with smart things. Wish someone would given us a heads up about this.
+1 for wink integration
Userlevel 2
Badge
That would be a very cool feature bringing another plus to the Sonos feature set. These little extras will help differentiate Sonos and competitors in the near future. Hopefully it is Sonos ar the front end and not getting left behind. I am well into the Sonos "comittment" now with one Play 5, six Play 1 and a Connect on the way. I would love to be able to add more integration.
Do the sonos players even have a mic built in? If not it would be unlikely to have intercom capability.
Badge
If you are looking for an iOS Intercom app that works with your Sonos speakers, check out Intercom for Sonos. It is a solid app that lets you record and send an audio message to any Sonos speaker in your home. It handles interrupting your music play really well and even has some fun voice effects you can play with.