Answered

Will Sonos partner with car manufacturers so that we can get native Sonos within cars?

• 28 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Would be a great idea that Sonos system be available within cars. We spend so much time on commutes, it would be a great option to extend our home Sonos there. Any plans to partner with BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, etc...?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 November 2017, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, fjeepdriver. Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like a great idea. I am happy to forward this feature request along to the team. We appreciate your feedback, keep it coming.
I am not sure what's the benefit. Local NAS won't be accessible and on phone content can be played easily anyway in most cars these days, not just the high end ones. Even Apple Car Play/Android Auto is incorporated in the systems these days. And for cars that are WiFi equipped, all it takes is a streaming music subscription.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I am not sure what's the benefit. Local NAS won't be accessible and on phone content can be played easily anyway in most cars these days, not just the high end ones. Even Apple Car Play/Android Auto is incorporated in the systems these days. And for cars that are WiFi equipped, all it takes is a streaming music subscription.

Agree with this. I use Android Auto in my car daily and except for a few things here and there I can't really ask for much more than I'm getting. It's nearly perfect. I can search (via voice) for whatever songs I want to play. I can even tell it what source to play (Pandora, Google Play, iHeart Radio, etc).

I'd almost argue that Sonos needs to consider mirroring THIS functionality in their product within the home. They are getting there with Alexa but Google Home needs support as well.