Question

Will 2 play 5's Work with playbar? Or did I make a mistake?

• 12 February 2013
  • 58 replies

Badge
I just bought into the Sonos Experience on New Years. The sales rep. said their was rumor of the playbar..which led to my decision to buy (2) play 5's, in hopes that in the near future I could also use them for Hometheater experience. What I have read thus far concerns me. No mention of Play 5 combined with Playbar.?? Will they work, or did I make a mistake....??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

No 5.1 is the max. I mean you could add other stereo speakers but that is all they would be stereo speakers.
...and Bose sounds awful....great at marketing, rubbish at speakers.  A purely personal, biased opinion, I admit. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
No 5.1 is the max. I mean you could add other stereo speakers but that is all they would be stereo speakers.
If you are looking into 9.1 or 12.2, wireless may not be the preferred option, even it has the capabilities. While audio streaming might be manageable, HD and 4K video content will push most home appliances to the edge with subsequent dropout potential.
Jgatie, LG does have a wireless sound system it's called the LAS851M I returned it to try out the Sonos play bar and sub but I'm disappointed in the fact that it lacks HDMI in put but overal sound quality it's great
i was able to make this work..... although you cannot pair the play 5's w the playbar, you can still use them when watching tv by grouping them together. I have a setup with playbar, sub, and 2 play 3 surrounds, and I then add the play 5's in "stereo" to the mix while watching tv..... i was able to eliminate the audio echo tw the playbar and play 5's by manipulating the lip sych setting within the playbar advanced audio. works fine, all synched up and awesome! For SURROUND purposes, the play 3's with the sub and the playbar are more than adequate for my room - 20' x 20'. The play 5's just give another kick to the mix

Hi did you just connect them together or need a brigde? I looking for the same set up
sonos 5 (gen2) works fine with playbar
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/
sonos 5 (gen2) works fine with playbar
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/

Yeah we know but this is a two year old thread...
My post was not to educate the knowledgable .. My search for sonos playbar play 5 led to 3 such posts (1 year - 2 year) and both posts not concluding that the the latest play 5 infact works (unlike gen1 play5) - and my update was for the benefit of such people arriving from search engine.

(I'd have expected mods here to have closed this thread if it was expected none of us to update with the latest on this question "Will 2 play 5's Work with playbar?")
Just arrived at this thread Oct 2016. Thanks for clarifying about the next generation of Play:5s! Your presumption was correct!