Why not a subwoofer out on the beam?

• 13 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Why is it so hard to connect a 3rd party sub to a Sonos surround system? Really strange that the Beam does not have an analog sub-out, or any other feature to connect a subwoofer?

The Sonos sub is an overkill to a system with beam as the main component according to several reviewers:  So I really think there should be a way to connect a 3:rd party sub, at least by using  a Sonos connect. There can not be any technical challenges involved in sending the LFE part of the signal to a connect: Is there some kind of trick to achieve this? Or is there any hope that this might be added as a possibility by Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tomatchili, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you with this.

That’s correct, there’s no port on the Sonos Beam that you can connect 3rd part subwoofer. The Sonos Sub was designed to be connected with other Sonos speakers like the Beam for a home theater. You can tune your Sonos speakers with Trueplay. Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it. Yes, the Sonos Connect has a subwoofer out where you can connect 3rd party sub.

We don’t have information if there’ll be any changes but we’d be more than happy to pass along your feedback to our team. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

The Sonos Connect actually does not have a subwoofer output. Neither does the Port. Perhaps we are thinking of the Connect:amp or Sonos Amp? Either way, it’s not an option.