Why isnt software mono enabled Connect:Amp?

• 3 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I know a number of posts exist around this, but some say to buy a new Connect:Amp and others say it’s not possible. I purchased a Connect:Amp already, not buying another, but part of the point was working with external hardware and mono is common for old systems.

There are 6 YEAR threads about this on here. Why isn’t this a programmatic option for those that spent $500 on a Connect:Amp already? 

Love the products, but are you trying to push customers away? This is basic. It’s absurd

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would assume the Connect:Amp doesn’t have the proper hardware inside to the the mono combining.  The mono was a set feature of the new Sonos Amp because it could be set as such.  If the Connect:Amp had the capability it probably would have been able to do mono a long time ago.

The connect:Amp couldn’t do mono …. not when you bought it and not now.  It isn’t capable.