Why isn't there a smaller solution to a subwoofer to pair with the Beam?

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
As an owner of a Sonos 5.1 system w/ Playbase in my family room at home, I just wonder WHY there is not a cheaper and smaller solution than spending $700 on that sub? The price tag really isn't the issue, it's the combination of that product at that price point in smaller applications.

1. That sub is a phenomenal piece. It reaches the level of performance and accuracy IMO of my dual 10" B&W subs in my media room at home. To my ears, the Sonos sub is incredible.

2. Bottom line, it's just too much for a small room like my loft at our condo where I use a Beam. It would never reach it's potential, and a waste of $700 in that tiny room - but as a bit of an audiophile I enjoy the sound of the deep lows and punch of movies.

Is there any plans at any point to create a smaller sub?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, Kurant. Thanks for your post. We have a policy of not disclosing our plans for future products, but I will happily pass along the suggestion for you. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
I have also wondered this, for the exact same reasons. I have a small living room with a Playbase en two Play:1's as surrounds. They would be perfectly complimented by a mini Sonos Sub. The Sub is just way too powerfull and i find it too expensive to buy and dial it all the way down for my use case..
Really hoping this happens. Love the beam just wish i could pair with smaller sub. Bose has theirs, Sonos is laggin.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings