Why isn't there a smaller solution to a subwoofer to pair with the Beam?

• 27 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
As an owner of a Sonos 5.1 system w/ Playbase in my family room at home, I just wonder WHY there is not a cheaper and smaller solution than spending $700 on that sub? The price tag really isn't the issue, it's the combination of that product at that price point in smaller applications.

1. That sub is a phenomenal piece. It reaches the level of performance and accuracy IMO of my dual 10" B&W subs in my media room at home. To my ears, the Sonos sub is incredible.

2. Bottom line, it's just too much for a small room like my loft at our condo where I use a Beam. It would never reach it's potential, and a waste of $700 in that tiny room - but as a bit of an audiophile I enjoy the sound of the deep lows and punch of movies.

Is there any plans at any point to create a smaller sub?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, Kurant. Thanks for your post. We have a policy of not disclosing our plans for future products, but I will happily pass along the suggestion for you. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
I have also wondered this, for the exact same reasons. I have a small living room with a Playbase en two Play:1's as surrounds. They would be perfectly complimented by a mini Sonos Sub. The Sub is just way too powerfull and i find it too expensive to buy and dial it all the way down for my use case..
Really hoping this happens. Love the beam just wish i could pair with smaller sub. Bose has theirs, Sonos is laggin.
Badge +3
Hi, Kurant. Thanks for your post. We have a policy of not disclosing our plans for future products, but I will happily pass along the suggestion for you. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
I second that, we need a smaller sub to complement Beam, please pass along the suggestion, there has been few new product announcements, hope this is a future plan for Sonos. I would like to get the Sub which costs 999$ here in Australia but don't think it would be used to its ful potential.
Badge +2
As an owner of a Sonos 5.1 system w/ Playbase in my family room at home, I just wonder WHY there is not a cheaper and smaller solution than spending $700 on that sub? The price tag really isn't the issue, it's the combination of that product at that price point in smaller applications.

1. That sub is a phenomenal piece. It reaches the level of performance and accuracy IMO of my dual 10" B&W subs in my media room at home. To my ears, the Sonos sub is incredible.

2. Bottom line, it's just too much for a small room like my loft at our condo where I use a Beam. It would never reach it's potential, and a waste of $700 in that tiny room - but as a bit of an audiophile I enjoy the sound of the deep lows and punch of movies.

Is there any plans at any point to create a smaller sub?
Badge +2
My Sonos Connect is hooked up to my turntable and receiver system and linked to the entire house. That system has a sub already and I use it when I watch TV and Movies with the Sonos surround. Its works great. I have it set up so there is no lag between the Sonos stuff and the wired stuff. I figured why buy a sub if I already have one. It sound great. Do you have a sub already?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings