Question

Why can't I see my BOOST in the app - despite there being one installed?

• 17 October 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
I know the Boost is working, based on the system info, but I'm wondering why the Boost Settings tab says You have no boosts in your sonos system - while I have. I'd love to be able to see the unit, just to 'make it 100%' valid.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Because it doesn't play music? That's the only reason I can think of. There's no "commands" that you can run on it.

And it should show up in "About my Sonos System" under settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Chopdog, I'd be happy to take a look if you can submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number. We'll check to make sure the BOOST is showing up there too.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Done - 7967806 - thanks. It's curious. The Boost is on. It's doing it's job - just the app doesn't show it being spotted. Just odd. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of my music! :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi Chopdog, I'd be happy to take a look if you can submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number. We'll check to make sure the BOOST is showing up there too.

Just checking you received my diagnostic report ok?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Chopdog, sorry for the delay.

Looks like the BOOST isn't listed on that diagnostic at all. There is a CONNECT:AMP called En Suite which you showed in one of those screenshots, that's the player that's connected to the network. But it's not a BOOST. That's a Sonos player which is capable of powering external speakers that wire into the amplifier. The BOOST looks like this:

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
I have one of each installed. I have a Boost wired into the network.... and a Connect:Amp in the loft powering bathroom speakers. I would expect the Boost to be the wireless network provider for the speakers, and the Connect:Amp to be just, well, an amp for the bathroom speakers!
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
The Boost I have installed has a solid white light on. The connect:amp is working perfectly fine.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
If I switch the Boost off, the house speakers continue fine. So clearly, it's not doing what it is supposed to be doing! But it's clearly not needed....
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Have factory reset it and re-added it. So, the connect:amp does the same job? Would any speaker with Ethernet connected do the same job as a boost? If so, whats the point of a boost?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have factory reset it and re-added it. So, the connect:amp does the same job? Would any speaker with Ethernet connected do the same job as a boost? If so, whats the point of a boost?

Stronger wireless signal and/or the ability to fill in signal voids without requiring a full Sonos device.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
K. Ta.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Stronger wireless signal and/or the ability to fill in signal voids without requiring a full Sonos device.

This.

Any Sonos decices, wired to the network, will create the network. The BOOST has a better wireless card than the CONNECT:AMP. Also, each Sonos player extends the wireless for others nearby.