what’s needed to play vinyl?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Hi folks. I have a box full of old vinyl records and I recently bought a double album by Goose. I bought it because it was released in my birthday and I really like the band. Joe Bonamassa re-released one of his double albums and I’d like to pick that up too.  But now I’m thinking it would be great to actually listen to them! I’ve got a sound bar, a couple of One’s, an older Five and I recently bought a Roam. I love the whole Sonos experience. So I’m wondering what and where I should look for a turntable. I’ve also got a Bridge that I bought when I first got my Sonos system. 
    Any info is appreciated. 
    Craig 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I have a Play 5 and it still works perfectly. That’s a great idea. Thanks!

There are some settings, as explained in the FAQ, which probably will need to be fiddled with, depending on your setup and the pre-amp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Five isn’t that old. You may have a Play 5? This speaker has an analogue in. If you connect a turntable with a built in preamp and use the right (RCA to minijack) cable, you’re set.