Answered

What’s best for connecting Flexson VinylPlay Turntable to my system Sonos Connect? ZP80? ZP90?

• 7 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi I have just picked up a Flexson Vinylplay turntable as I want to add Vinyl to my current Sonos set up Which is the best/cost effective way of connecting it to my system? Sonos Connect? Sonos Connect Amp? ZP80? Or ZP90? I’m currently running playbar with a pair of play ones in the living room and several play ones dotted around the house.....also what’s people’s view on the Sub is it worth the outlay?
icon

Best answer by airforceteacher 8 February 2019, 05:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
ZP80 and ZP90 are just the predecessors to the Connect - externally identical and have the same connections, just older versions of the electronics. You may be able to find one on eBay for much cheaper than the Connect's MSRP. Balance that against possible, but unlikely, future obsolescence. They're among the oldest of Sonos' products, but they're also high impact "flagship" products, so I think it's unlikely for them to go the way of the CR100 or iPod dock. This is a route I've taken, got a ZP80 when I got my new house.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
A more expensive, but potentially more capable, option is just get a Play:5 and put it in the room you're most likely to use the turntable.