Question

what do I need for tv and turntable setup..

• 11 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I have the Sonos playbar and sub downstairs with Sonos speakers for tV down there.  I am getting a project turntable with internal amp and I have the Sonos amp.  So how do I hook this up to have tv and turntable usage?

Secondly I am getting the arc, have the speAkers and sub 3 for the upstairs tv so how can I use the turntable to play in entire home?

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @christinesent.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

As long as the Sonos Amp is not set up as surrounds to any Home theater speakers or connected to a TV via HDMI Arc, the Sonos AMP would be the device to connect your turntable via line-in. Then, using the Sonos App, you can group them all together including your Sonos Playbar to play the (turntable). If you are looking for recommendations for a receiver that would integrate your turntable to your TV Playbar, I would not encourage such setup as it would make no bearing using a receiver selector to integrate the turntable to your Playbar since you still need a Sonos device to group and generate audio from the turntable to your Playbar which in your case would be the Sonos Amp. The Sonos Playbar does not have the line-in capabilities however, your Sonos Amp does which would be your best option to connect the turntable and integrate the turntable to your Sonos system.

• TV connected to Sonos Playbar bonded with Sonos Sub.
  • Turntable connected via line-in to your Sonos Amp.
  • Group them via the Sonos app so that the Playbar with Sub and Sonos Amp would have the audio from your turntable.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,