Answered

What are these legacy Sonos components?

• 10 May 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m a new (and happy) Sonos Play:1 owner, already looking to expand my system. I was browsing various used ads and found this, which seems interesting price wise but it seems to be older Sonos components.

The seller doesn’t know much about the system, so can anybody here tell me what they see on the picture?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/436312353477642

Would those components work with my new Play:1?

Thanks,

Pascal
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 May 2018, 18:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Looks like a couple of Connects (or earlier incarnations the ZP80 or ZP90). Useful if you have a couple of traditional hifi systems you want to convert into Sonos streamers, otherwise not.

And a wireless dock, useful if you store all your music on an old, non-wifi iPod, otherwise not.

Hope that helps, but suggest you look on the Sonos website where there is lots of information about the Sonos system and products
Note that older equipment may not have been updated to the latest software. Depending on how many revisions back it is, it may require a call to Sonos to get them updated to the current version.
Dock? Doesn't look like my Dock. I think it's a CR-200, but not 100% sure.
Dock? Doesn't look like my Dock. I think it's a CR-200, but not 100% sure. I think you must be right Chicks, apologies to all. I was looking on a phone screen but should still have looked more carefully.

I would say avoid buying now, unless you can get it very cheap for a punt on compensation when the Sonos system can no longer support this long-discontinued device and it gets 'bricked'. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Flipped through the pictures and it looks like a CR200 with charging cradle, a BRIDGE is sitting under it, two ZP90s (based on the manual that's in there), and the last photo has two ZP120s.

Generally speaking, those should all work with your Play:1 just fine, though the CR200 is probably going to need some love to get it connected and updated, and even then, it'll be lacking features. The others should work fine. Assuming there's nothing wrong with them that is.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the BRIDGE or the CR200 as you likely won't need or want them, but the ZP90s and ZP120s would probably be nice additions to your setup. For the specs on what those can do, you can find them under newer names CONNECT and CONNECT:AMP in that order.
Thank you all for your answers. I have decided not to buy the kit, will eventually get a Connect for my listening room.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sometimes you can snap up an older Zone Player or Amp or the newer Connect or Amp on ebay for a good price but you have to factor in the age and lack of a Sonos warranty when deciding what a good price is. I've gone back to Sonos for additional gear over the used ebay offerings so far.