Question

What about a portable speaker with docking station?

• 23 October 2016
  • 1 reply

What about creating a portable speaker, with docking station that can live in the SONOS environment when inside the Wi-fi range home, and connects to bluetooth when taken out of the wifi range?
Something similar to JBL Extreme in design, battery life, and weather-resistant.
Sitting in a docking-station when home, playing the same music as Play 1,3,5, soundbar and at the same time charging internal batteries, ready to be taken out on the go?

I would love that!

Portable speaker, water resistant with docking station.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

While I vote yes, I don't see it happening; which is why I bought a JBL flip 3 for music on the move and moved my best music to an iPod touch obsoleted by Apple/Sonos instead of waiting on this. Excellent results and sound quality is surprisingly good out of doors.

The competition for these is intense and Sonos would be playing catch up and probably not winning in this market in doing that.