Answered

Wanting to use sonos to make a home theater with front channels

• 14 July 2014
  • 3 replies

I am looking into your system to use for my home theater system but I am wanting more sound for my front channel than just a playbar. My question is can I buy the playbar and connect two of your play:5 speakers as my front channel using the playbar as my center and then also connect two play:1 speakers as my rear and also connect your sub to the system as well?
icon

Best answer by Chris 14 July 2014, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No ... the only 5.1 configuration with Sonos speakers is Playbar as front/c/right and Play:1, Play:3, or a Connect:Amp (wired to router) for rears.

If you want traditional the only option is a 5.1 receiver with a Sonos:Connect attached to it for Sonos compatibility.
Will this ever be supported? I would like to have a surround sound system for watching TV but without sacrificing audio quality when listening to music in stereo. I know there are workarounds but I'm not interested I just want one system in my living room that works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Will this ever be supported? I would like to have a surround sound system for watching TV but without sacrificing audio quality when listening to music in stereo. I know there are workarounds but I'm not interested I just want one system in my living room that works.
Honestly, I'd just buy a good quality traditional AV amp and 5.1 speakers, and add a CONNECT as a source. Make sure you have high quality front L & R speakers for stereo duties, and an AV amp with the power to drive them properly.