Answered

Wanting to use sonos to make a home theater with front channels

I am looking into your system to use for my home theater system but I am wanting more sound for my front channel than just a playbar. My question is can I buy the playbar and connect two of your play:5 speakers as my front channel using the playbar as my center and then also connect two play:1 speakers as my rear and also connect your sub to the system as well?
icon

Best answer by cbl1 14 July 2014, 14:15

No ... the only 5.1 configuration with Sonos speakers is Playbar as front/c/right and Play:1, Play:3, or a Connect:Amp (wired to router) for rears.

If you want traditional the only option is a 5.1 receiver with a Sonos:Connect attached to it for Sonos compatibility.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No ... the only 5.1 configuration with Sonos speakers is Playbar as front/c/right and Play:1, Play:3, or a Connect:Amp (wired to router) for rears.

If you want traditional the only option is a 5.1 receiver with a Sonos:Connect attached to it for Sonos compatibility.

Will this ever be supported? I would like to have a surround sound system for watching TV but without sacrificing audio quality when listening to music in stereo. I know there are workarounds but I'm not interested I just want one system in my living room that works.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
SamCrump wrote:

Will this ever be supported? I would like to have a surround sound system for watching TV but without sacrificing audio quality when listening to music in stereo. I know there are workarounds but I'm not interested I just want one system in my living room that works.

Honestly, I'd just buy a good quality traditional AV amp and 5.1 speakers, and add a CONNECT as a source. Make sure you have high quality front L & R speakers for stereo duties, and an AV amp with the power to drive them properly.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings