Wall volume switch

• 13 June 2019
  • 1 reply

I am trying to work out whether the following wall volume control is suitable for a Sonos amp running four speakers.

https://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/russound-alt-126r-volume-control/

My set up will be two pairs of speakers wired in parallel to a Sonos amp. One pair will be in one room, the other pair will be in another. The speakers are 8 ohms. The purpose of the switch is to be able to turn down the volume independently in one of the rooms.

I know that the power output of the Sonos amp is 125 W. The RMS rating for the volume switch is 42 W per channel. I can’t seem to find the RMS rating of the Sonos amp or is this 125W? As I will be running two speakers from each of the left and right channels will this reduce the power going down each speaker cable to 62.5W? Sorry for all the questions and if anyone else has any recommendations for a different volume control switch then please do say.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I am doing something very similar. How did this setup work for you?