Volume is gone the last few weeks

Ok im coming here for help. The volume level of our system is drastically less than what it used to be.  System we have is arc, sub, two ones, and move.  We have had sonos for 2+ years but over the last couple weeks noticed the levels were off we started adjusting  fyi  bass used to be -1 to +1 on our sub.  now we have to put it at +10 for the same amount.  I have had two support experiences that did not solve anything other than putting the eq of bass on our arc up to +10 and sub level +15   where this would before had me evicted from the complex next door.  I also just realized i can take the level of our system all the way to 100+ when before maybe 60 was all we could handle.  I did a google search today after weeks of frustration and I see its now saying an update has many users upset and sonos knows there is a problem with a recent update.   I have had 2 support issues for volume levels and they have no solution but a search shows there may be an issue with an update.  This brings me to sonos website and see this forum  anyone have any advice.   I used to have a bad ass loud system.  now its like its a black and decker no volume

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Ok im coming here for help. The volume level of our system is drastically less than what it used to be.  System we have is arc, sub, two ones, and move.  We have had sonos for 2+ years but over the last couple weeks noticed the levels were off we started adjusting  fyi  bass used to be -1 to +1 on our sub.  now we have to put it at +10 for the same amount.  I have had two support experiences that did not solve anything other than putting the eq of bass on our arc up to +10 and sub level +15   where this would before had me evicted from the complex next door.  I also just realized i can take the level of our system all the way to 100+ when before maybe 60 was all we could handle.  I did a google search today after weeks of frustration and I see its now saying an update has many users upset and sonos knows there is a problem with a recent update.   I have had 2 support issues for volume levels and they have no solution but a search shows there may be an issue with an update.  This brings me to sonos website and see this forum  anyone have any advice.   I used to have a bad ass loud system.  now its like its a black and decker no volume

Yep…has happened to so many of us. Unfortunately I’ve yet to see any response from SONOS on this, only from us that are very frustrated and disappointed in this last update. As of now …I wouldn’t recommend buying SONOS as you don’t know what you’re going to get day to day.

Badge

It’s the update. They screwed us with a really bad update

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yip, Sonos have screwed up our listening experience with this update. Same problems as you….. ive posted in the community forum….

This update has ruined the sound of my sonos Arc and Sub. I have an Arc, Sub gen 2 and surrounds SL ones. My system has lost volume, the sound used to be clear and the bass strong. Now it sounds muddy and the bass i loved has disappeared. Ive re calibrated trueplay and with it active the sound is even worse. The sound on the previous firmware was fine and didn’t need any adjustment. Perhaps if you (sonos) gave us a chance to roll back or even chose if we want to update it would be ok. You have left me with a system that now sounds terrible. Sonos, return to the previous sound profile. You are going to loose business and support. I’m thinking strongly to changing brand. This is shocking from a company to just change someones sound without giving them the choice. Absolutely gutted.